It is estimated that nearly 300,000 new automated gates are being installed every year, in a wide range of settings, including private residences, housing developments, commercial properties and schools / nurseries & education centres.
Combine this with the number of existing gates in the field and it is likely that there are currently in excess of 3 million gates in existence.
The owner of any gate has a duty of care to ensure that the gate is safe and regularly maintained – just as you would be required to maintain the safety of a car. Yet recent surveys have showed a staggering 90% of gates have been shown to be unsafe.
As a Gate Safe approved installer, we take a very serious approach to gate safety.
- We will complete a full safety risk assessment & audit on all sites
- We will issue a full report and risk assessment following the safety audit in line with the latest industry safety standards and legislation.
- We will discuss with you and explain any safety issues arising from the risk assessment / audit.
- We will work with you on an implementation plan.
- We will continually review and update you on changes to the legislation and standards.
- The safety of your business and employees is important to us today as it will be tomorrow, we will work with you to achieve this as we are Adaptive.
We appreciate that understanding if your gate or barrier complies with the current legislation and is ‘safe’ can be a complicated task.
However, this is a critical part of your business responsibility, ensuring that the products that you have had installed not only meet the current legislation, but are also safe for all to use.
We offer ‘Gate Safety’ audits which will provide you with a full report and recommendations. Contact us today to book your audit.